Business and human rights
With our human-rights based methods and tools we help our clients in operationalizing their human rights due diligence in line with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. We also support them in identifying and monitoring the contributions of their business to sustainable development. Our services include:
- support to development of human rights policy statements
- human rights impact assessments
- human rights impact monitoring
- development of grievance mechanisms and remedy processes
- identifying linkages between the environmental and human rights impacts of the business
- case specific assessments and facilitation
- training on human rights in different local contexts and human rights due diligence
- mapping and monitoring contributions of business activities to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
We have solid experience in supporting public and private sector, and civil society organizations in promoting sustainable development both in developing countries and in Finland. We have specific expertise in providing technical assistance and training on results-based management and human rights-based approach to development.
Effective development cooperation: We support our clients in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development cooperation strategies, programmes, and projects. We help them in developing quality assurance systems and tools, and mobilizing resources for their interventions.
Sustainable development in Finland: We conduct studies, assessments and evaluations in the area of environmentally and socially sustainable development and related interventions. We support our clients in integrating a human-rights perspective to their work.